Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tournaments...............the Early Days

The first Circuit Tournament was the Selangor Sukan Teras Circuit, which was held at a few Centers. Unfortunately, as I was still new to the game I did not win any good placing, in any of the tournament.

My dad also entered me to a few Beginner One-Day events, at Ampang Superbowl, Summit USJ, just to build up my temperament and confidence level. Although, these are tournaments meant for adults, I managed to win some lowly position, winning free games and also few cans of 100Plus.
In 2008, I entered my 1st Sportexcel Junior Circuit tournament at the Kuala Lumpur leg. I participated in the Boys Graded category. I was no match against the rest and came out at 88th placing.

Then came the 2008 MSSD tournament. I did quiet okay, I guess, getting 6th position in the Singles event. However, being at 6th position, did not qualify me to represent Petaling District at the MSSS Championship.
The sixth placing in the MSSD Championship, made me more determine to represent Selangor Schools at the 2009 MSSM Championship. I promised myself to learn and train more to achieve my aim.

I was also upgraded to the AA level in Selangor Sukan Teras program.

In December 2008, I participated in the Shalin Cup. The first time that Shalin Cup was held in Pin Junction, and not at Sunway Pyramid.


Nooooooooooooooo I was not the winner. Medals were given to all Participants.

2 comments:

  1. Hazarizq, Congratulations on coming in Second at the GP Finals. Your turn will come next year. Work hard at your game. Remember the 7-point pre-shot routine I taught you.
    -Uncle Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Uncle Jon. I will always remember them.

    ReplyDelete