Saturday, August 15, 2009

Junior Circuit ~ Johor LegJune 18 to 21, 2009


Ten days after returning home from Kedah, I am on my way to Johor Bahru, for the Johor Leg of the Circuit. This time the whole family tagged along, as I have two Aunties, who lived there.

I will participate in the Boys Under-12 category and my sister, Fairuz in the Girls Open Category.


This time around, I managed to play well and placed myself in second position after the first round, with a score of 1032. Adam Rahimi of Kelantan was 1 pin behind me and his younger brother, Alif Mukri, leads the pack 11 pins ahead of me. This would be my second participation in the Finals of the Junior Circuit.

My sister, managed to get into the second round, but could only manage a 14th position in the quarter-finals, and failed to qualify for the Step-Ladder matches.

While Fairuz was bowling in the 1st round, the family prepared a surprise Birthday celebration for her. Today June 20 was her birthday. Everything was prepared and ready when she finished the 1st round. We could all see the big surprise on her face, when she found out about the birthday celebration. However, the blush on her face was a sight, not to be forgotten, when Uncle Choo announced it on the Alley’s PA system. Well, for the first time in her life, my sister had the most number of people singing “Happy Birthday” to her, and Uncle Choo was even singing it over the PA system.

In the finals, I did not play as good as the 1st round and could only manage 1007 pinfalls. I managed to hold on and secured third position, loosing to Adam by 31 pins and Helmi of Negri Sembilan by 15 pins. This was my best placing so far, in Junior Circuit. With this 3rd placing, my GP ranking points increased to 80 points and I am now at 9th position, of the GP standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment