Saturday, August 15, 2009

2009 MSSM Championship atSungai Petani Kedah June 1 to 7

The team travelled to Kedah on May 30, by bus. Since My family had a function to attend to in Ipoh, I travelled with them and not with the Team.

We reached Sungai Petani at around 5.00PM. After checking into Emerald Hotel and a short rest, I went to Ampang Superbowl for the Boy’s Team unofficial Practice. I stayed with my family until the official check-in at Park Avenue Hotel on June 1, 2009.

We had three days of unofficial practice session in total, prior to the official practice session on June 2.

The first day of competition was the Singles event. I played very badly and could only manage 14th position. Rafiq capture the Gold Medal for Selangor.

When the Singles competition was over, I could see that my Mum was very upset. Forget about Dad, he was furious. Mum was very angry that she observed I do not seem to have the strength to throw the ball. So they took me back with them to their hotel room to rest.

I guess after seeing the way I ate my lunch and slept in their room, they decided that I stay with them, and not with the team. I was not happy with their decision but they told me that they do not want me to make a fool out of myself in the Championship.

I guess that they were right. I had a good rest that night and the next morning, I felt good and ready to bowl in the Doubles event. Sure enough, I played well and supported Rafiq in our event. We won the Gold Medal and at the same time, my standing in the All Event shot up to 4th position. This enabled me to participate in the Masters Final, the nest day.

I did not bowl badly. However, I could only manage a 5th placing in the Masters Final. As expected, Rafiq won the Gold Medal.

The final event of the Championship was the Team event. This event was played on the Baker’s Format. Our Team consisting of Zydan, Jalal, Rafiq and me, complimented each other’s game very well and we emerged as the Team event Champion.

I am happy with my result at this Championship, winning two Gold Medals, a 4th and a 5th position Medals too.

For the record, Rafiq won 5 Gold Medals.

No comments:

Post a Comment