Friday, August 14, 2009

2009 MSSS Selangor School Sport Council Bowling Tournament May 5 to 7


Since I came out first at the District Tournament Masters event, I was selected to represent the Petaling Perdana District at the above tournament. There are five Gold Medals in the Boys Under-12 category, Singles, Doubles, Team, All-Event & Masters. There are 9 districts participating in the tournament.


I came out second in the Singles, loosing to Rafiq, of Gombak District by 120 pins. Me and Alif, (My double partner) manage to get the Gold, beating Rafiq and his younger brother Razydan of Gombak., in a very thrilling match. Both team had a total score of 1333 pinfall. However, the Gold belongs to us based on the final game count-back.

The 4-boys team event was also another thrilling touch and go kind of match, again this was against the team from Gombak. The battle was head to head, right until the final game. Alif, Haikal, Aqil and me, we survived the battle and managed to beat the team from Gombak, represented by Rafiq, Razydan, Nabil and Hafiz, by a mere 37 pins difference.


Rafiq of Gombak won the All Event, beating me to second place by a massive 172 pins. Again in the Master’s Final, I was beaten again into second place by Rafiq, 1368 to 1362, only 6 pins adrift. It was very difficult for me to swallow. However, my Dad consoled me by telling me that RAFIQ is RAFIQ and that I have to accept the fact that Rafiq, is the probably the BEST Boy in the Under-12 Age Group in the country.


Still it was painful for me coz I lost the chance to get a mobile phone from my Mum. However, my consolation was that I got to be selected as a member of the Selangor Schools, Boys Under-12 team, to the Malaysian School Sport Council Bowling Tournament to be held in Sungai Petani, Kedah in June. The rest of the team members are Rafiq & Razysdan from Gombak and Jalal Widad from Sepang.

No comments:

Post a Comment