Friday, August 14, 2009

MSSD Bowling Tournament at Pyramid April 13 & 14, 2009

On April 13 & 14, 2009, I participated in the Petaling Perdana MSSD Bowling Tournament, in the Boys Under-12 category. This tournament is held yearly, amongst all school children in the district. This tournament serves as Roll-off, for the selection of bowlers, to represent Petaling Perdana District at the 2009 Selangor School Sport Council Bowling Championship.

We had to bowl a series of two blocks, 6-games per block on two consecutive days. The first block is a cut-away block, where only the top 16 will proceed to the second round. On the first block on April 13, 2009, I had played quiet well, and I led the field of 21 bowlers, scoring a total 6-game 978 pinfall with an average of 163. Thus I qualified to move to the second round, the next day.

I went back home feeling good, and Dad……well he did not say very much while driving home. I think he is happy with my game today, coz I saw him smiled to himself once in a while in the car.

At night, before going to bed, I decided to check on my bowling balls, do some ball cleaning also. While checking, I found out that one of my finger insert was a bit tight, so I decided to change it myself as Dad was upstairs, having his prayers.

After I had changed the finger insert, I tried to test, if it fits properly, not realizing that the superglue had not yet settled. To my surprise, the finger insert came out of the ball, and hit me on my right eye. Fortunately, I managed to close my eye before being hit.

I immediately and quietly ran to the sink and try to wash my eye with running water.
Nobody in the house knows anything about this as they were all upstairs. Then suddenly the door to my room opened and I saw Dad. I had to tell him what did happened. He immediately pulled me to the sink again and started washing my eye all over again. I saw his worried look, but that did not stop him from scolding me. Those who know Dad will know. While rinsing my eyes under the tap, he was lecturing me and mumbling all the time, at times I did not really know what he was saying.

When Mum gets to know about what had happened, it was her turn, scolding me but at the same time, I could see the worried in her eyes. She started to clean my eyes again even after Dad had done so. When she was satisfied, she instructed me to go to bed.

On the day of the Final round, I woke up to find it a little difficult to open up my eyes, since there was still some residue of superglue that was not completely cleaned. Mum & Dad took turns in trying to clean it again. My eye was also a little swollen, maybe due to the friction it received and was reddish all over. They were in two minds, either to take me to the Clinic or take me to the alley. I pleaded with them to take me to the alley first, and when the game is over they can take me to the clinic.

I was very quiet at the alley, got shameful feelings also. My sisters and Dad kept on teasing me. I did not talk much with the other bowlers. However, I had the last laugh on them, coz I played very well (to my standard laaah) on the second block of 6 games. I had a total of 1208 pinfalls. This is the first time that I had ever bowled an average of above 200 for 6 games. My total pinfall for both blocks was 2186, giving me an average of 182 for 12 games. I came in at first position and led by 325 pins from the second placed bowler. I was selected to represent Petaling Perdana District to the Selangor School Sports Council Bowling Championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment